Christmas, Finland and Arctic Opel
It’s almost 1,5 months since our last post, because:
1. It was Christmas time. Even thought to reach us Santa must travel north, he finally made it. We’ve got some traditional norwegian gifts from Maya’s boss: a dried sheep’s leg and 6,5 kg salmon. We’ve bought a ridiculously expensive christmas tree, hung a christmas mouse on top of it end enjoyed ourselves with a glass of wine. We desperately tried to made Polish Pierogi, and we can certainly recommend not using ricotta cheese to it.
2. In the darkest day of winter it was supposed to be bright between 10:00 and 12:00, but it was cloudy, so it was dark instead. Sun is coming back in sunday (sounds like a good day for sun, doesn’t it?) and local tourist association is organizing a trip to a hilltop to show us that our star still exist.
3. After a trip to Finland our Opel Astra received special honorable tittle and from now on, we are referring to it as Opel Astra Arctic Rally Edition XS. It drove us there and back, on ice, in snow, at night, thought wilderness of lapland and was perfectly fine in -22*C. There was only one lightbulb that stopped working, but back home it turned out that it was just resting, and now it works again.
4. O, yes, trip to Finland. We did everything a true tourist should do: snow scooter, ice fishing, husky sledging, skiing, taking a bath in a hot tube and running on snow, enjoying aurora, and so on. We’ve also found a 2 km long sledge track and we made a right use of it. And in one week we are going there again with Marcin and Ola 😉
5. At New Years Eve on the sky over Hammerfest it was bough auroras and fireworks. Good way to finish a good year.
Greetings from Artcics!