First month in Hammerfest!
So far everything is in the right place:
– Darkness is coming. On the 16th of november sun raised at 9:40 and finished it’s trip in the ocean at 12:39. It seems that each day is shorter than the previous about 18 minutes. As it’s getting darker the trolls are beginning to move around.
– We finally have snow! It means that doors to our car have frozen and will defrost in spring. If we had posted an information about heated pavements in Hammerfest before, we would like to mention that they are not working.
– Our Norwegian skills are getting better and better. Since we started Norwegian language course, people can finally understand that we cannot speak Norwegian.
– Maya is working as an optician. So far there were no rapports about increased number of car accidents in town so it seems that she’s doing a good job.
– We started baking our own bread which is yummy! On the other hand we also started to drink a lot of cod-liver oil (tran) which is bleeee!
– We made a trip to Alta Canyon but as usual we had our luck and the road was closed because of reindeers.
– Today is mørketid day, and it means that we will not see direct sunlight for the next 2 monts.
Hugs and kisses from the darkness!
P.S. If you like our photos, you can visit Ziggi’s blog, and download wallpaper set from Norway.